Tuesday 10th & Wednesday 11th November 2015

Hi Folks,

Reminder of article on European Obesity. In terms of obesity alone, the estimates show a big jump for women in the Irish Republic, soaring from 23 per cent to 57 per cent. The proportion of obese Irish men was expected to increase from 26 per cent to 48 per cent, while the figure for those either overweight or obese rises from 74 per cent to 89 per cent. In 2030, the proportion of obese and overweight men in Ireland is projected to rise to 89 per cent with a corresponding 85 per cent of women falling into this category. The forecast puts Irish men are at the top of an “overweight” table of 53 countries. As far as women are concerned, Bulgaria and Belgium are predicted to have the highest proportion of overweight and obese individuals in 2030 . “Overweight” is clinically defined by a Body Mass Index (BMI) — a measure relating height and weight — of 25 to 29.9, and “obese” by a BMI of 30 and above. Dr Laura Webber, said the study presented a “worrying picture” of rising obesity across Europe. “Policies to reverse this trend are urgently needed. Although there is no ‘silver bullet’ for tackling the epidemic, governments must do more to restrict unhealthy food marketing and make healthy food more affordable. By being on the Taylor Made Lifestyle Plan you are tackling the possibility of you being an obese statistic. Stay focused… you will lose and retain your weight loss by following The Taylor Made Lifestyle Plan.